Becoming Wildly Resilient: Stepping It Up
Ryan Mason, an exercise specialist with HR Health and Wellness, joins host Jakob Hester this month to chat about recent physical activity research. Listen as they discuss how the data show we’ve been moving and what we can do with that information to improve or maintain our physical activity and exercise. You’ll also hear them break down SMART goals and how you can apply this process to plan a clear roadmap to where you want to be.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Study: An Incentivized, Workplace Physical Activity Intervention Preferentially Increases Daily Steps in Inactive Employees
- Past Episode: Mindset to Move with MoveWell Fitness Manager Carrie Davidson
- Research Process: Institutional Review Board (IRB) FAQs
- Monthly Step Program: MoveWell Rewards
- Blog: HR Health and Wellness blog
- Fitness Memberships: MoveWell Membership options, now including a virtual!
- Blog Post: “Defining Goals: Start SMART”
- Guidelines: US Department of Health and Human Services “Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans”
- UK Resource: free consult with an exercise specialist from HR Health and Wellness
- Blog Post: “Approaching Goals: Start Small”
- Live Chats: MoveWell Friday Fitness Chat, every Friday at 11 am on Facebook Live
- App: Tabata HIIT Interval Timer on Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- App: BodySpace by BodyBuilding.com
- Book: “Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance” by Alex Hutchinson
Playlist: A Wildly Resilient Playlist on Spotify
- What songs would you add? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Events: UK Human Resources calendar
Have feedback or know someone at UK that would be a good guest? Email us at email@example.com.
You can follow all episodes of “Becoming Wildly Resilient” wherever you find your podcasts.