Becoming Wildly Resilient: Sleep Is Not a Luxury
In this episode, host Jakob Hester is joined by Dr. Lauren Whitehurst, an assistant professor of psychology from the College of Arts and Sciences. Listen as they discuss how you can discover and achieve better sleep. You’ll also hear Dr. Whitehurst explain how sleep is tied to our emotions and can help us be more resilient during our waking hours.
Mentioned in this Episode
- App: Sleep Cycle – a free sleep tracking app
- Blue Light Filtering: “How to Stop Blue Light from Disturbing Your Sleep” from PC Mag
Playlist: A Wildly Resilient Playlist
- What songs would you add? Let us know at email@example.com.
App: Sleeprate – a sleep monitoring, assessment, and CBTi coaching app available to current University of Kentucky employees for free
- Update: Unfortunately, this app is no longer available. You can still consult with a health coach (see below)
- Series: “Optimizing Your Sleep” presentations on HR Health and Wellness YouTube channel
- Additional Sleep Support: Consult with a health coach – free for UK employees, retirees, and spouses
- Upcoming Events: UK Human Resources calendar
Have feedback or know someone at UK that would be a good guest? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can listen and follow all episodes of “Becoming Wildly Resilient” wherever you find your podcasts.