University-wide Navigation

About the Commonwealth of Kentucky

To file a claim for unemployment compensation with the Commonwealth of Kentucky use this link: Welcome - Kentucky Career Center

About the UK HR Unemployment Office

Find out the resources available to you through the Unemployment office at UK.

How to apply for unemployment

Tips on filing your unemployment claim.

Supervisors: Help expedite claims and avoid unnecessary costs

Help Unemployment receive its mail quickly!

Required documentation during termination

Be sure to submit this documentation when filing termination paperwork.


COBRA coverage is available if you or your dependent(s) are no longer eligible for health, dental or vision coverage with the University.


For general unemployment questions, contact the UK Human Resources Office of Unemployment.

Jeaune Hadl-Butler

UK HR Unemployment Manager

(859) 257-9189 phone

(859) 323-1075 fax