University SuperVision is the university's mandatory training when you start a position with the responsibility of supervising team members. Completed in multiple sessions over a six month period, University SuperVision can be completed through on demand web-based training as well as in-person or virtual instructor-led classes.
Some University SuperVision classes are available via a traditional classroom. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and network with other University supervisors during these in-person sessions. NOTE: Currently all instructor-led courses are only being offered as virtual (VC) sessions until further notice.
Web-based Classes (WB)
Our self-paced, web-based University SuperVision classes allow participants to complete the training session from the convenience of their office, home, or any location where they have access to myUK Learning.
When completing the WBTs associated with this program, it is recommended to use Chrome or Firefox as the web browser. If you are using any Apple product, ensure you are NOT using Safari because it doesn’t work well with myUK Learning. If you complete a WBT and do not immediately receive credit in the system, the following steps will help resolve the situation:
- Clear the browser’s cache and cookies.
- Close the browser.
- Restart the PC. This will allow any computer updates to install and clear the temporary memory.
- Reopen myUK Learning and the WBT. Proceed to the final slide and you should receive credit. If you don’t, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Classroom (VC)
Our virtual University SuperVision classes allow participants to complete the training from the convenience of their office, home, or any location where they have a computer and speakers. These sessions are instructor led and scheduled for a specific day and time.
You will receive multiple myUK Learning emails (they may go to your Junk or Other folder) with reminders about any pre-work, meeting links and handouts. You will also receive a calendar invite containing this information. Please make sure you print any handouts and participant guide associated with the class.
A few virtual classes have pre-work videos that need to be viewed prior to attending the virtual session. You’ll find the link in the myUK Learning registration and reminder emails along with the calendar invite.
Before the virtual session, please access this site https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html to download the latest version of the Adobe Connect app. You will have options for both Windows and Mac along with options for mobile. This site will also provide troubleshooting tips for Adobe Connect.
Day of the virtual session:
- Locate either the calendar invite, the registration or reminder emails you received from myUK Learning and click on the training link to access the virtual session.
- Close email and any additional applications you might have open on your PC. This helps keep other applications from interfering with the training session.
- Please begin the login in process approximately 5 - 10 minutes prior to the session’s start time. This will allow time for accessing the virtual meeting room.
If you have any questions about University SuperVision, please contact Donna Vanover or Tommy Leach via email at email@example.com. To learn more about the University SuperVision training program, you can also access https://hr.uky.edu/training/supervision/supervision-program-overview. In addition to the University SuperVision classes, UK HealthCare supervisors must also complete UK HealthCare’s New Leader Academy. If you have questions about that program, please contact Enterprise Learning.