Onboarding is defined as the process of introducing and acclimating newly hired employees to UK HealthCare. The process begins with the selection of a candidate for a position, and continues with their New Employee Orientation through the first 90 days on the job at UKHC. It is our goal at UKHC to provide a positive onboarding experience in turn reaffirming the new employee’s choice to join our team. Please note, the information below for onboarding new employees applies only to staff, not faculty.
If you are the hiring manager for a position and you have selected a candidate, please utilize these documents:
- UKHC Onboarding Guide – Provides in-depth details on offer preparation, making an offer, onboarding preparation, etc.
- UKHC Onboarding Checklist – Provides high-level snapshot of the onboarding process.
- UKHC Onboarding Campus Navigation Guide – Provides common destinations for new hire pre-employment process through completion of UK Healthcare New Employee Orientation and/or the first week as an employee.
- UKHC Orientation and First 90 Days Checklist – Provides needed steps to prepare new hire for orientation and for continuing the new hire’s onboarding process through the first 90 days of employment.
UKHC Onboarding/Orientation Checklist for Employee Transition from Campus to UK HealthCare
- Provides important steps and items for consideration for hiring an employee from the campus side into a health care position.
If you are the hiring manager for a leadership position and you have selected a candidate, you can also provide the following document:
- UKHC New Leader Onboarding Guide – Designed to support new leaders in navigating useful UKHC and UK resources, i.e. listing of departments and contact information.
Please refer to the UKHC New Employee Orientation page for more information and registration.
You can also direct new employees to the New Employee Guide for additional resources.