Becoming Wildly Resilient: Going the Distance
Dr. Natalie Jones, an Extension Specialist for Family Health, joins host Jakob Hester on this episode to share what she has learned about physical, mental and emotional resilience through her experiences as an endurance athlete. Among her long list of athletic accomplishments are the completion of three Ironman races and a recent coast-to-coast cycling trip. Listen as Natalie shares how she got started, what keeps her going, and how she’s adapted to the challenges she has faced over the years. You’ll also hear advice for finding joy and success in whatever goals you’re pursuing in 2022 and beyond.
You can hear more from Natalie and other Extension Specialists on the “Talking FACS” podcast from UK Family and Consumer Sciences.
Mentioned in This Episode
- “Episode 7: From Feelings to Needs” with Amy Rodquist-Kodet
- “Episode 8: Eat Your Veggies, Love Yourself” with Vanessa Oliver
- “Episode 10: Investing in Yourself” with Dr. Nichole Huff
- “Episode 14: Developing a Growth Mindset” with Tommy Leach
- Community Resource: UK Family and Consumer Sciences Extension
- Quote: “If you listen to your body when it whispers, you won’t have to hear it scream.”
- Free UK Employee Resources:
- Book Club: Reese’s Book Club
Playlist: A Wildly Resilient Playlist
- What songs would you add? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10-day step challenge (January 30 through February 8, 2022) — registration coming soon on your Health and Wellness Dashboard
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) voucher program opens for employees on a UK health plan on January 19, 2022 — learn more and sign up here
- UK Human Resources calendar
Have feedback or know someone at UK that would be a good guest? Email us at email@example.com.
You can follow all episodes of “Becoming Wildly Resilient” wherever you find your podcasts.