duration - 2.5 hours
THIS COURSE IS NO LONGER OFFERED (as of 2/20/12)
Web@UK is designed to give users an understanding of the environment in which they are working. It also represents part of an effort to improve the overall Web presence of the University of Kentucky by empowering our Web page editors to provide more consistent and higher quality Web pages. University Public Relations has been tasked with working with the University Web editors to make certain that the University Web presence is of indisputably Top 20 caliber. Some of this information may repeat or expand on information covered in the HTML courses or the Web Publishers group.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the University policies covering the Web.
- Apply the University standards and guidelines covering the Web to maintaining your departmental site(s).
- Understand the importance of usability and accessibility issues and the obligations which accompany them.
- Know the the process of gaining approval for your site from the Public Relations Web Services office.
- Use the various tools and resources available to University Web editors.
- Understand the basic instructions on gaining access to University Web sites, and where you can go for additional support once you are ready.
Date(s) & Time(s)
Unfortunately, this class is not scheduled at this time.
Check back periodically for a scheduled date. If you would, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the course you are interested in attending, your phone number, email address, and any questions you might have for us.
Thank you, HR Training & Development
To register and complete this course, please login to myUK. After logging in, choose the Training tab which is found as one of the options under the Employee Self-Service tab.